The 1.6-liter Ford HXDA engine or 1.6 Duratec Ti VCT Sigma was assembled from 2003 to 2008 and was installed on the second generation of the popular Focus model and the C-Max compact van. After the appearance of a block with an open cooling jacket, such a unit changed its index to SIDA.
DURATEC Ti-VCT family:
1.5 L – UEJB;
1.6 L – IQDB, HXDA, PNBA, PNDA, SIDA, XTDA.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford C-Max Mk1 in 2003 – 2007;
- Ford Focus Mk2 in 2004 – 2008.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||115|
|Torque output, Nm||155|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||79|
|Piston stroke, mm||81.4|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.1|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus 2006)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the HXDA engine
- Most of the problems for owners are caused by not very reliable phase regulators;
- In second place are frequent failures of the components of the ignition system and the fuel pump;
- Regular oil leaks from under the valve cover or crankshaft oil seals;
- Once every 100,000 km, a large maintenance is needed with valve clearance adjustment and timing replacement;
- After 200,000 km of run, you will most likely have to deal with the decarbonization of the motor.