The 1.4-liter Ford FXJA, FXJB, FXJC or 1.4 Zetec SE engine was produced from 2001 to 2012 and was installed on such well-known models as the Fiesta and the Fusion compact MPV created on its basis. Around 2004, all these units were transferred to EURO 4 and renamed from Zetec to Duratec.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Fiesta Mk5 in 2001 – 2008;
- Ford Fusion Mk1 in 2002 – 2012.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||80|
|Torque output, Nm||124|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||76|
|Piston stroke, mm||76.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.8|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Fusion 2003)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the FXJA/FXJB/FXJC engine
- This engine does not like bad fuel; spark plugs and coils often fail in it;
- For the same reason, the filter mesh in the tank quickly becomes clogged and the fuel pump breaks down;
- Previously scheduled 120,000 km may require replacement of the timing belt and its roller;
- Not the most reliable parts here also include the thermostat and engine mounts;
- Due to the lack of hydraulic lifters, valves need to be adjusted every 100,000 km.