The 2.5-liter Ford SGA engine or 2.5 Duratec V6 ST was assembled in the USA from 1999 to 2000 and installed only on a charged version of the second generation Mondeo under the ST200 index. This power unit allowed a rather large car to accelerate to hundreds in 7.7 seconds.
The Duratec V6 line also includes internal combustion engines: SEA, LCBD, REBA and MEBA.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Mondeo ST200 in 1999 – 2000.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||205|
|Torque output, Nm||235|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81.6|
|Piston stroke, mm||79.5|
|Timing drive||two chains|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.65|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Mondeo ST200 1999)
|Engine lifespan, km||~275 000|
Disadvantages of the Ford SGA engine
- Despite the rather high forcing, these power units are quite reliable;
- Most engine problems are related to overheating, most often due to a pump failure;
- Also, many car owners are faced with the failure of the fuel pump;
- It is necessary to clean the crankcase ventilation regularly, otherwise grease will ooze;
- Cheap oil greatly reduces the life of hydraulic lifters and hydraulic tensioners.