The 2.0-liter Ford EDDC or 2.0 Zetec E 16v engine was produced from 1998 to 2004 and was installed on the first generation of the Focus model in all the numerous car bodies. A similar power unit was installed on the Mondeo, but under different indices, such as NGB or NGC.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Focus Mk1 in 1998 – 2004.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||131|
|Torque output, Nm||178|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||84.8|
|Piston stroke, mm||88|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 2|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus 2003)
|Engine lifespan, km||~400 000|
Disadvantages of the EDDC engine
- This engine is quite demanding on fuel quality;
- And if you fill the tank with low-quality fuel, you can get to replace the fuel pump;
- Candles also fail quite quickly, always keep a couple in reserve;
- Aluminum engine sump hangs relatively low and deforms very easily;
- Monitor the condition of the timing belt, sometimes it needs to be replaced by 60,000 km.