The 2.0-liter Ford EDDB engine or Focus 1 2.0 Zetec was produced from 1998 to 2004 and was installed on the first generation of the Focus model. A similar unit of the Maverick crossover had an EDBA index, and the Cougar engine was called EDBD.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Focus Mk1 in 1998 – 2004.
|Power output, hp||131|
|Torque output, Nm||178|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||84.8|
|Piston stroke, mm||88|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Focus 1999)
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
Disadvantages of the EDDB engine
- Zetec series engines are reliable, but do not tolerate bad gasoline;
- Spark plugs are usually sold first, sometimes they are only enough for 10 thousand km;
- Often, an expensive fuel pump fails from low-quality fuel;
- Monitor the condition of the timing belt, in the European version, when the valve bends when it breaks;
- The aluminum pan of the motor is located quite low and is very easy to dent.