The 2.0-liter Ford NGA or Mondeo 2.0 Zetec engine was produced from 1993 to 1998 and was installed on the first two generations of Mondeo in all the numerous bodies of this car. This is the only power unit in the line that existed in versions of both Zetec and Zetec-E.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Mondeo Mk1 in 1993 – 1996;
- Ford Mondeo Mk2 in 1996 – 1998.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||131 – 136|
|Torque output, Nm||176 – 180|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||84.8|
|Piston stroke, mm||88|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 2/3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Mondeo 1997)
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
Disadvantages of the Ford NGA engine
- Intermittent power failures are usually caused by a clogged filter in the fuel tank;
- If you ignore the problem for a long time, you will have to replace an expensive fuel pump;
- High-voltage wires rot, especially the longest one from the 4th cylinder;
- Grease seeps through the pressure sensor, front or rear crankshaft oil seals;
- Hydraulic lifters are afraid of low-quality oil and can knock on 80,000 km.