The 2.5-liter Toyota A25A-FXS hybrid engine has been produced by the company only since 2017 and is installed on models such as the Avalon, Camry, RAV4, Highlander, as well as the Lexus NX350h and RX350h. In the Chinese market, their versions are offered under the indices A25B-FXS, A25D-FXS and A25F-FXS.
The Dynamic Force family also includes the engines: A25A-FKS, A25A-FXS, M15A‑FKS, M15A-FXE, M20A‑FKS, M20A-FXS, T24A-FTS.
The engine was installed on:
- Toyota Avalon 5 (XX50) since 2018;
- Toyota Camry 8 (XV70) since 2017;
- Toyota Crown 15 (S220) since 2018;
- Toyota Harrier 4 (XU80) since 2020;
- Toyota Highlander 4 (XU70) since 2019;
- Toyota RAV4 5 (XA50) since 2018;
- Toyota Sienna 4 (XL40) since 2020;
- Toyota Venza 2 (XU80) since 2020;
- Lexus ES300h 7 (XZ10) since 2018;
- Lexus NX350h 2 (AZ20) since 2021;
- Lexus RX350h 5 (AL30) since 2022.
|Production years||since 2017|
|Fuel system||combined injection D4-S|
|Power output, hp||174 – 189|
|Torque output, Nm||219 – 237|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||87.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||103.4|
|Phase regulator||VVT-iE + VVT-i|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Toyota Highlander 2022)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the A25A-FXS engine
- Like all units with D-4S injection, it is quite demanding on the quality of gasoline;
- All engines of the Dynamic Force series are known for leaks in the EGR liquid cooler;
- This heat exchanger can crack and then the antifreeze will get into the combustion chambers;
- Closer to 100 thousand km, the EGR system becomes clogged with deposits and finally wedges.