The 2.4-liter Toyota T24A-FTS or 2.4 D-4ST engine has been produced by the company since 2021 and is installed only on our popular Highlander crossover, as well as the Lexus NX350 and RX350. The engine is distinguished by a combination of twin-scroll turbocharging with combined fuel injection.
The engine was installed on:
- Toyota Crown 16 (S230) since 2022;
- Toyota Highlander 4 (XU70) since 2022;
- Lexus NX350 2 (AZ20) since 2021;
- Lexus RX350 5 (AL30) since 2022.
|Production years||since 2021|
|Fuel system||combined injection D-4ST|
|Power output, hp||270 – 280|
|Torque output, Nm||420 – 430|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||87.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||99.5|
|Phase regulator||Dual VVT-i|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Lexus NX350 2022)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the T24A-FTS engine
- Like all units with combined injection, it is demanding on fuel quality.
- There will probably be problems with leaks in the EGR cooler like other engines in the line.