The 2.0-liter Toyota M20A-FXS engine has been produced at the concern’s factories only since 2018 and is installed on hybrid versions of such popular models as C-HR, Corolla and Lexus UX250h. This unit is distinguished by its work on the Miller cycle and belongs to the Dynamic Force Engine line.
The engine was installed on:
- Toyota C-HR 1 (AX10) since 2019;
- Toyota Corolla 12 (E210) since 2018;
- Toyota Corolla Cross 1 (XG10) since 2021;
- Lexus UX250h 1 (ZA10) since 2018.
|Production years||since 2018|
|Fuel system||combined injection D4-S|
|Power output, hp||150|
|Torque output, Nm||190|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||80.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||97.6|
|Phase regulator||VVT-iE + VVT-i|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Toyota Corolla Hybrid 2020)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the M20A-FXS engine
- Like all units with D-4S injection, it is quite demanding on fuel quality.
- This engine has a known problem with EGR fluid cooler leaks.
- In rare cases, the heat exchanger even cracks and antifreeze enters the cylinders.
- By 100 thousand km, the EGR valve can finally become clogged with deposits and jam.