The 2.5-liter Toyota A25A-FKS or 2.5 D-4S engine has been produced by the concern only since 2017 and is installed on such popular models as Camry, RAV4 and Lexus ES250. There is a version of this power unit for bioethanol operation under the symbol A25A-FKB.
The engine was installed on:
- Toyota Avalon 5 (XX50) since 2018;
- Toyota Camry 8 (XV70) since 2017;
- Toyota RAV4 5 (XA50) since 2018;
- Lexus ES250 7 (XZ10) since 2018;
- Lexus NX250 2 (AZ20) since 2021.
|Production years||since 2017|
|Fuel system||combined injection D4-S|
|Power output, hp||200 – 210|
|Torque output, Nm||240 – 250|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||87.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||103.4|
|Phase regulator||VVT-iE + VVT-i|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Toyota Camry 2021)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the A25A-FKS engine
- Most of the complaints on specialized forums are related to various knocks or noise under the hood.
- The most discussed engine problem is leaks in the EGR liquid cooler.
- Sometimes this heat exchanger cracks and antifreeze seeps into the combustion chamber.
- At high mileage, the EGR system is finally clogged with deposits and wedges.