The 1.4-liter diesel engine Toyota 2WZ-TV or 1.4 D-4D was produced from 2005 to 2007 and was installed only on the first generation of the popular Aygo model in the European market. This power unit was essentially one of the many varieties of the Peugeot 1.4 HDi engine.
The engine was installed on:
- Toyota Aygo 1 (AB10) in 2005 – 2007.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||54|
|Torque output, Nm||130|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||73.7|
|Piston stroke, mm||82|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.75|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Toyota Aygo 2005)
|Engine lifespan, km||~280 000|
Disadvantages of the 2WZ-TV engine
- This diesel engine has a good resource for such a modest volume;
- The Siemens fuel system is quite reliable, but is very afraid of airing;
- The PCV and VCV control valves in the high-pressure fuel pump deliver the most problems here;
- Regularly check the condition of the timing belt, as when it breaks, the valves bend;
- Another weak point of the engine is the crankcase ventilation membrane and the crankshaft damper pulley.