The 1JZ series of Toyota engines are 6-cylinder straight-cylinder engines with a DOHC gas distribution system with 4 valves per cylinder. The JZ series replaced the M series. The 1JZ engine was offered in two versions – 2.5 liters and 3.0 liters.
|Also called||Toyota 1JZ|
|Cylinder block alloy||cast iron|
|Number of cylinders||6|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Piston stroke, mm||71.5|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Power output, hp||170/6000
|Torque output, Nm / rpm||235/4800
|Euro standards||~Euro 2-3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km
|Oil consumption, gr/1000 km||up to 1000|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-30 / 5W-20 / 5W-30 / 10W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.8|
|Oil change interval, km||10000
|Normal engine operating temperature, °C||90||Engine lifespan, km
— official information
- The motor has stopped starting. The reason is flooded candles. It is necessary to unscrew them and dry or completely replace them.
- Troenie. Perhaps the candles are flooded, as well as the coils. In addition, you need to look at the VVTi valve.
- Interruptions in the number of revolutions. The VVTi valve needs to be replaced. When there is no warming up rpm range, the reason may lie in the detector / valve at idle, as well as in the throttle valve. You need to rinse them.
- Excessive consumption of gasoline. Diagnose atmospheric sensor, lambda probe, filters and maf.
- The motor is knocking. The clutch on the VVTi is out of order. The connecting rod bushings and valves, as well as the bearing in the ancillary belt tensioner (must be replaced) may be out of alignment.
- Excessive oil consumption. The oil scraper rings and seals need to be replaced.
A rapidly deteriorating pump and viscous coupling can be added to the problems. Another weak link is the injection pump. In general, the motor can travel more than half a million km with careful maintenance and high-quality fuels and lubricants. For example, it is better to use oil of the 5W-30 type.