The Toyota 2JZ engine is a six-cylinder, in-line engine that began production in 1991, replacing the previous M-series engines. These engines were installed on cars with rear and front wheel drive and were located along the longitudinal axis of the machine. Two engine modifications were produced: 2.5 and 3 liters.
|Also called||Toyota 2JZ|
|Cylinder block alloy||cast iron|
|Number of cylinders||6|
|Valves per cylinder||4|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Power output, hp||220/5600
|Torque output, Nm / rpm||294/3600
|Euro standards||~Euro 2-3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km
|Oil consumption, gr/1000 km||up to 1000|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-30 / 5W-20 / 5W-30 / 10W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.5|
|Oil change interval, km||10000
|Normal engine operating temperature, °C||~90||Engine lifespan, km
— official information
- The engine will not start. The main reason is that the candles were flooded. They need to be removed and dried, and if it doesn’t help, just change.
- The motor troit during operation. You need to watch the candles and coils, as well as the VVTi valve.
- Interruptions in the number of revolutions. The VVTi valve should be replaced. If the warming up turns have disappeared, see the detectors and valves at idle speed, as well as the throttle valve. The latter need to be rinsed.
- Excessive fuel consumption. Most likely, the atmospheric sensor, the lambda probe is to blame. Still need to look at filters and maf.
- The motor began to clatter. The reason lies in the VVTi coupling. Valves and connecting rod bushings can also fail. Also, the noise can come from the bearing in the belt tensioner of the outboard units (replacement is required).
- Excessive oil consumption. Oil scraper rings and caps need to be replaced.
A worn out pump and viscous coupling are added to the list of problems. On units of the FSE modification, every 100 thousand km of track it is required to change the injection pump. On average, with good care, the motor can run from 0.5 million km.