The 2.4-liter Toyota 2TZ-FE engine was produced from 1990 to 1999 at the Japanese enterprise of the concern and was installed only on the rear and all-wheel drive Previa and Estima minivans. This horizontal motor is tilted 75 degrees to fit under the body floor.
The TZ family includes engines: 2TZ-FE, 2TZ‑FZE.
The engine was installed on:
- Toyota Estima XR10 in 1990 – 1997;
- Toyota Previa XR10 in 1990 – 1999.
|Power output, hp||133|
|Torque output, Nm||206|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||95|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.8|
|Euro standards||EURO 1/2|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Toyota Previa 1994)
|Engine lifespan, km||~200 000|
Disadvantages of the 2TZ-FE engine
- The main disadvantage is the extreme inconvenience of engine maintenance;
- The location of the engine interferes with normal cooling, hence the tendency to overheat;
- The power unit is very sensitive to the quality of the lubricant and naturally to its level;
- Also, many owners are unhappy with high fuel consumption, especially in the city;
- On a run of more than 120 thousand kilometers, the front crankshaft oil seal begins to leak.