The 2.0-liter Toyota 1RZ-E engine was produced from 1989 to 2004 in Japan for pickups and minibuses. This motor is known for its simple design, as well as unpretentiousness. In parallel with electronic injection, a carburetor version with the 1RZ index was also produced.
The engine was installed on:
- Toyota HiAce H100 in 1989 – 2004;
- Toyota Hilux N140 in 1998 – 2001;
- Toyota Revo F60 in 1997 – 2004.
|Fuel system||injector MPI|
|Power output, hp||100 – 110|
|Torque output, Nm||160 – 170|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.1|
|Euro standards||EURO 2/3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Toyota Hilux 2001)
|Engine lifespan, km||~400 000|
Disadvantages of the Toyota 1RZ-E engine
- The reliability of this motor is excellent, with proper maintenance it does not break.
- Engine vibrations and twitches are usually associated with misadjusted valves.
- The timing chain can stretch a lot already by a run of 200 – 250 thousand kilometers.