The 2.4-liter Toyota 2RZ-FE engine was produced from 1995 to 2004 in Japan for pickups only. The classic design of this 4-cylinder longitudinal power unit could not boast of any modern engineering solutions.
The engine was installed on:
- Toyota Hilux N150 in 1997 – 2004;
- Toyota Tacoma in 1995 – 2004.
|Fuel system||injector MPI|
|Power output, hp||142|
|Torque output, Nm||217|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||95|
|Piston stroke, mm||86|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.1|
|Euro standards||EURO 2/3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Toyota Hilux 2001)
|Engine lifespan, km||~500 000|
Disadvantages of the 2RZ-FE engine
- This engine is rightfully considered one of the most reliable engines in its class.
- At a run of 200,000 km, it may already be necessary to replace the timing chain kit
- Many people forget to adjust the valves and complain about poor engine performance.
- The absence of balance shafts greatly affected the vibration load of the unit
- Also to the minuses we rank its rather weak dynamic characteristics.