The 2.7-liter diesel engine SsangYong D27DTP or 2.7 XVT was produced by the concern from 2006 to 2017 and was installed only on the top modifications of the Rexton SUV. Such a diesel engine was created on the aggregate base of the very popular Mercedes OM612 engine.
Ssangyong diesel engines: D16DTF, D20DT, D20DTF, D20DTR, D22DTF, D22DTR, D23DT, D27DT, D27DTP, D29DT.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||179 – 186|
|Torque output, Nm||402|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R5|
|Block head||aluminum 20v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86.2|
|Piston stroke, mm||92.4|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||8.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for SsangYong Rexton 2014)
|Engine lifespan, km||~320 000|
The engine was installed on:
- SsangYong Rexton 1 (RJ) in 2006 – 2017.
Disadvantages of the SsangYong D27DTP engine
- Most of the problems of this unit are related to the vagaries of the Delphi fuel system;
- If the injection pump fails, its chips clog all the tubes of the system, nozzles and tank;
- A lot of trouble is caused by the dismantling of injectors, which simply stick to the cylinder head;
- The culprit for many breakdowns is burnt wiring or electrical contacts;
- By a run of 200 thousand km, the turbine may require replacement or the timing chain may be extended.