The 2.2-liter diesel engine SsangYong D22DTF or 2.2 e-XDi has been produced since 2015 and is installed in the Korando C compact crossover, better known as the New Actyon index. This diesel engine was installed only in Europe and South Korea.
Ssangyong diesel engines: D16DTF, D20DT, D20DTF, D20DTR, D22DTF, D22DTR, D23DT, D27DT, D27DTP, D29DT.
|Production years||since 2015|
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||178|
|Torque output, Nm||400|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86.2|
|Piston stroke, mm||92.4|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for SsangYong Korando e-XDi220 2017)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- SsangYong Korando 3 (CK) in 2015 – 2019.
Disadvantages of the SsangYong D22DTF engine
- Diesel is equipped with a capricious fuel system and is sensitive to the quality of diesel fuel;
- Any savings leads to expensive repairs;
- Also, the turbine, the timing chain tensioner and the crankshaft damper run a little here;
- There are no problems with liners due to the variable displacement oil pump;
- The rest of the problems are related to the contamination of the DPF filter and the LNT converter.