The 2.2-liter diesel engine SsangYong D22DTR or 2.2 XDi has been produced since 2015 and is put on the second generation of the popular Rexton SUV and Rodius or Stavic minivan. This diesel engine exists in two versions: with a capacity of 178 hp and 400 Nm, as well as 181 hp and 420 Nm.
|Production years||since 2015|
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||178 – 181|
|Torque output, Nm||400 – 420|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86.2|
|Piston stroke, mm||92.4|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for SsangYong Rodius 2018)
|Engine lifespan, km||~280 000|
The engine was installed on:
- SsangYong Rexton 1 (RJ) in 2015 – 2017; Rexton 2 (WJ) since 2017;
- SsangYong Rodius 2 (HJ) since 2015.
Disadvantages of the SsangYong D22DTR engine
- The main troubles are delivered by the fuel system, which is sensitive to the quality of diesel fuel;
- Savings on fuels and lubricants often turn into expensive repairs;
- A turbine, a hydraulic chain tensioner, a crankshaft damper are distinguished by a modest resource;
- Liners now run longer due to variable displacement oil pump;
- Also, many problems are associated with contamination of the DPF filter or LNT converter.