The 2.7-liter diesel engine SsangYong D27DT or 2.7 XDi was assembled from 2003 to 2017 and installed on such popular models of the Korean concern as Kyron, Rodius and Rexton. This diesel engine was created on the basis of the well-known Mercedes OM612 unit.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||160 – 165|
|Torque output, Nm||340 – 345|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R5|
|Block head||aluminum 20v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||86.2|
|Piston stroke, mm||92.4|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||8.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for SsangYong Rexton 2010)
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
The engine was installed on:
- SsangYong Kyron 1 (DJ) in 2007 – 2014;
- SsangYong Rexton 1 (RJ) in 2003 – 2017;
- SsangYong Rodius 1 (AJ) in 2004 – 2013.
Disadvantages of the SsangYong D27DT engine
- The main problems of this diesel engine are related to the Delphi fuel system;
- If the injection pump fails, then its chips will clog all the pipes, nozzles and even the tank;
- A lot of trouble for owners is caused by failures due to weak electrical contacts;
- Still here they stick and break off when dismantling the nozzles and glow plugs;
- After 200,000 km, it is often necessary to change a turbine or an extended timing chain.