The 1.6-liter diesel engine SsangYong D16DTF or 1.6 e-XDi has been produced since 2015 and is installed only on the Tivoli compact crossover or its extended version under the XLV index. This motor is part of a new family, along with a similar volume of gasoline G16DF.
|Production years||since 2015|
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||115|
|Torque output, Nm||300|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||76|
|Piston stroke, mm||88|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for SsangYong Tivoli 2017)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- SsangYong Tivoli 1 (XK) since 2015.
Disadvantages of the SsangYong D16DTF engine
- The fuel system with a pressure of 2000 bar is very demanding on fuel quality;
- The timing design was inherited from its predecessor, which has no problems with the resource;
- The reliability of the new variable displacement oil pump is still unknown;
- The thermostat, pump and oil filter are made in a single and expensive unit.