The 1.6-liter SsangYong G16DF or 1.6 e-XGi160 petrol engine has been assembled since 2015 and is installed only on the Tivoli crossover, as well as its extended version under the XLV index. Such a power unit belongs to a new line of engines with an aluminum cylinder block.
Ssangyong gasoline engines: G16DF, G20D, G20DF, G23D, G32D.
|Production years||since 2015|
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||128|
|Torque output, Nm||160|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||76|
|Piston stroke, mm||88|
|Phase regulator||at intake and exhaust|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for SsangYong Tivoli e-XGi160 2016)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- SsangYong Tivoli 1 (XK) since 2015.
Disadvantages of the SsangYong G16DF engine
- Distributed injection and a low degree of forcing hint at a high resource;
- Timing design has been completely overhauled and shouldn’t be a problem now;
- Interested in the reliability of the new variable displacement oil pump;
- A single module of a thermostat, pump and oil filter is very expensive.