The Mazda FS-ZE 2.0-liter gasoline engine was produced by the company from 1997 to 2004 and was installed on Japanese versions of such popular models as Premacy, Familia and Capella. This power unit is often used for budget swaps for Mazda 323-626 cars.
The engine was installed on:
- Mazda Capella GF in 1997 – 2002;
- Mazda Capella GW in 1997 – 2002;
- Mazda Familia BJ in 2000 – 2004;
- Mazda Premacy CP in 2001 – 2004.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||165 – 170|
|Torque output, Nm||175 – 185|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||83|
|Piston stroke, mm||92|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mazda Capella 2001)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the Mazda FS-ZE engine
- Despite the high boost, this engine is reliable and has a good resource;
- Most of all, the motor is afraid of overheating, here it immediately leads the aluminum head;
- After 150,000 km, oil consumption often appears, up to 1 liter per 1000 km;
- The timing belt is supposed to be changed every 60,000 km, but if it breaks, the valves will not bend;
- There are no hydraulic lifters and valve clearances need to be adjusted every 100 thousand km.