The 1.6-liter 16-valve Mazda B6-DE engine was produced by the company from 1993 to 2009 and was installed on Familia, European versions of the MX-3 and Xedos 6, and also on Kia under the A6D and S6D index. From about 1985 to 1995, a carburetor version of such a motor with the B6D index was assembled.
The engine was installed on:
- Mazda Familia BH in 1994 – 1998; Familia BJ in 1998 – 2003;
- Mazda MX-3 EC in 1994 – 1998;
- Mazda Xedos 6 CA in 1993 – 1999;
- (as A6D and S6D) Kia Carens 2 (FJ) in 2002 – 2006;
- (as A6D and S6D) Kia Rio 1 (DC) in 2002 – 2005;
- (as A6D and S6D) Kia Sephia 2 (FB) in 2001 – 2003;
- (as A6D and S6D) Kia Shuma 2 (SD) in 2001 – 2004;
- (as A6D and S6D) Kia Spectra 1 (SD) in 2004 – 2011.
|Power output, hp||105 – 115|
|Torque output, Nm||135 – 145|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||78|
|Piston stroke, mm||83.6|
|Compression ratio||9.0 – 9.2|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 2/3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mazda Xedos 6 1995)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the Mazda B6-DE engine
- This engine is considered reliable, but often consumes oil after 150,000 km.
- Also, from poor-quality lubrication, hydraulic compensators quickly fail here.
- Another weak point of the motor is the oil pump pressure relief valve.
- According to the regulations, the timing belt changes every 60,000 km, but when it breaks, the valves do not bend.
- The remaining problems of the power unit are most often associated with the ignition system.