The Hyundai G4FU or Smartstream MHEV 1.6-liter turbo engine has been produced since 2020 and is installed only on the popular Tucson crossover in Europe and its similar Sportage. The motor is a mild hybrid version of the G4FP unit with a 48-volt starter-alternator.
|Production years||since 2020|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||150 – 180|
|Torque output, Nm||250 – 265|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75.6|
|Piston stroke, mm||89|
|Phase regulator||on both shafts|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.8|
|Euro standards||EURO 6d|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Hyundai Tucson MHEV 2021)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Hyundai Tucson 4 (NX4) since 2020;
- Kia Sportage 5 (NQ5) since 2021.
Disadvantages of the Hyundai G4FU engine
- This hybrid unit has appeared recently and there is no information about its breakdowns yet.
- On specialized forums, they don’t scold him much and complain only about rare glitches.
- Due to the presence of direct fuel injection, the intake valves are overgrown with soot here.
- Turbo engines of this series often have to change the chain to 100 – 150 thousand km.
- There are no hydraulic lifters and every 100,000 km you need to adjust the valve clearance.