The 1.6-liter Hyundai G4FM or Elantra 1.6 Smartstream engine has been assembled since 2018 and is installed on such popular models as Cerato, Venue and Elantra. In addition to the MPi port injection version, there is also a DPi dual injection version.
|Production years||since 2018|
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||123|
|Torque output, Nm||154|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75.6|
|Piston stroke, mm||89|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.4|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Hyundai Elantra 2020)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Hyundai Accent 5 (YC) since 2019;
- Hyundai Elantra 6 (AD) in 2018 – 2020; Elantra 7 (CN7) since 2020;
- Hyundai Venue 1 (QX) since 2019;
- Kia Cerato 4 (BD) since 2018.
Disadvantages of the Hyundai G4FM engine
- All engines of the series suffer from scuffing in the cylinders;
- Engines are known for high oil consumption from day one;
- There are problems with service stations and spare parts in many countries.