The 1.5-liter Hyundai G4FL or Smartstream G 1.5 MPi engine has been in production since 2018 and is installed on models for the Indian and Chinese market, such as Kia Carens, Seltos or Sonet.
Gamma family: G4FA, G4FL, G4FS, G4FC, G4FD, G4FG, G4FJ, G4FM, G4FP, G4FT.
|Production years||since 2018|
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||115|
|Torque output, Nm||144|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75.6|
|Piston stroke, mm||83.4|
|Phase regulator||Dual CVVT|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.8|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Kia Sonet 2021)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Hyundai Accent 5 (YC) since 2020;
- Hyundai Creta 2 (SU2) since 2019;
- Hyundai Elantra 7 (CN7) since 2020;
- Hyundai Stargazer 1 (KS) since 2022;
- Kia Carens 5 (KY) since 2022;
- Kia Cerato 4 (BD) since 2018;
- Kia Seltos 1 (SP2) since 2019;
- Kia Sonet 1 (QY) since 2020.
Disadvantages of the Hyundai G4FL engine
- On specialized forums, it is mostly praised and no weaknesses were found.
- Like all aluminum engines, it is afraid of overheating, keep an eye on cooling.
- For engines of this family, the timing chain does not differ in resource, let’s see how it will be here.