The 1.5-liter Hyundai G4FS or Smartstream G 1.5 T-GDI engine has been produced since 2019 and is installed on Chinese versions of such popular models as Sonata, Tucson and Sportage. This power unit is also found on concern cars for a number of other Asian countries.
|Production years||since 2019|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||170 – 200|
|Torque output, Nm||253|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||75.6|
|Piston stroke, mm||83.4|
|Phase regulator||Dual CVVT|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.8|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Hyundai Custo 2021)
|Engine lifespan, km||~220 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Hyundai Custo 1 (KU) since 2021;
- Hyundai Mistra 2 (DU2) since 2020;
- Hyundai Sonata 8 (DN8) since 2019;
- Hyundai Tucson 4 (NX4) since 2020;
- Kia K5 3 (DL3) since 2020;
- Kia Sportage Ace 3 (NP) since 2020.
Disadvantages of the Hyundai G4FS engine
- On specialized forums, the reviews are not bad, but they only complain about the Start-Stop system.
- Like all direct injection engines, it suffers from carbon deposits on the intake valves.
- Also, for engines of this family, the timing chain does not have a very high resource.