The 2.0-liter Volkswagen CKTB diesel engine was produced by the concern from 2011 to 2015 and was installed on the very popular Crafter minibuses and small trucks. An updated version of this power unit appeared in 2015 and had its own CSLA index.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||109|
|Torque output, Nm||300|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||95.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||7.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for VW Crafter 2012)
|Engine lifespan, km||~400 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Volkswagen Crafter 1 (2E) in 2011 – 2015.
Disadvantages of the VW CKTB engine
- This is a simple and very reliable diesel engine with electromagnetic injectors.
- With proper care and regular oil changes, the unit does not cause much trouble.
- The timing belt does not always run the prescribed 200,000 km, and when it breaks, the valves bend.
- Also, a broken alternator belt can get under it and then it will jump.
- The rest of the problems here are related to the pollution of the particulate filter and the EGR valve.