The 2.0-liter Volkswagen CFCA 2.0 TDI engine was produced by the concern from 2009 to 2019 and was installed on the most powerful versions of minibuses on the restyled T5 platform. This diesel is equipped with a twin turbocharger and develops 180 hp and 400 Nm of torque.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||180|
|Torque output, Nm||400|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||95.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||7.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Volkswagen Multivan 2010)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Volkswagen Caravelle T5 (7H) in 2009 – 2015; Caravelle T6 (SG) in 2015 – 2019;
- Volkswagen Multivan T5 (7H) in 2009 – 2015; Multivan T6 (SG) in 2015 – 2019;
- Volkswagen Transporter T5 (7H) in 2009 – 2015; Transporter T6 (SG) in 2015 – 2019.
Disadvantages of the VW CFCA engine
- Keep an eye on the quality of diesel fuel, as piezo injectors are very picky about fuel;
- On the specialized T5 forums, many topics are devoted to increased oil consumption;
- A broken drive belt gets caught under the timing belt, resulting in an overhaul;
- The twin turbo module often fails on runs up to 150,000 km;
- After 200,000 km, a particulate filter or an EGR valve can throw a lot of problems.