The Volkswagen CKUB 2.0-liter bi-turbo diesel engine was produced from 2011 to 2013 and was installed on restyled versions of the popular first generation Crafter model. An updated version of this power unit appeared in 2013 and had its own CSNA index.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||163|
|Torque output, Nm||400|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||95.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||7.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for VW Crafter 2012)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Volkswagen Crafter 1 (2E) in 2011 – 2013.
Disadvantages of the VW CKUB engine
- This is a very reliable diesel engine and with proper care it has a very decent resource.
- The main thing is to monitor the condition of the timing belt, since when it breaks, the valves usually bend.
- And a broken alternator belt can get under it and then it will jump.
- Bi-turbo system from BorgWarner may need attention closer to 200 thousand km.
- All other problems are associated with contamination of the particulate filter and the EGR valve.