The 1.3-liter Ford A9JA or A9JB or Zetec RoCam 1.3 engine was assembled from 2001 to 2008 and was installed only on the fifth generation of the Fiesta hatchback in a three or five door body. This power unit in the official catalogs of the company is referred to only as Duratec 8v.
The Zetec RoCam line also includes internal combustion engines: CDDA.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Fiesta Mk5 in 2001 – 2008.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||70|
|Torque output, Nm||106|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||74|
|Piston stroke, mm||75.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.15|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Fiesta 2003)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the A9JA/A9JB engine
- Structurally simple RoCam motors are famous for their reliability and unpretentiousness;
- Unlike analogues of the SE series, these units are not demanding on fuel quality;
- The use of low-quality oil greatly reduces the life of hydraulic lifters;
- After 200 – 250 thousand kilometers, the timing chain may need to be replaced;
- Many owners complain about the noisy operation of the engine and problems with starting in cold weather.