The 2.3-liter 16-valve Ford E5SA or 2.3 I4 DOHC engine was assembled from 2000 to 2006 and installed only on the first generation of the Galaxy minivan, but already in the restyled version. Before the update, this motor was called Y5B and was a variation of the well-known Y5A unit.
The I4 DOHC line also includes internal combustion engines: ZVSA.
The engine was installed on:
- Ford Galaxy Mk1 in 2000 – 2006.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||145|
|Torque output, Nm||203|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||89.6|
|Piston stroke, mm||91|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.3|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Ford Galaxy 2003)
|Engine lifespan, km||~400 000|
Disadvantages of the E5SA engine
- This motor is quite voracious, but reliable and has virtually no weak points.
- On runs over 200,000 km, the timing chain mechanism may require intervention.
- Periodic cleaning of the idle valve will save you from floating speed.
- Sources of oil leakage are most often the front and rear crankshaft oil seals.
- The use of low-quality lubricant often leads to the knock of hydraulic lifters.