The 2.0-liter Volkswagen DAUA diesel engine was produced by the concern from 2016 to 2019 and was installed on the second generation of Crafter minibuses or a similar MAN TGE. An updated version of this power unit appeared in 2019 and has its own DNAE index.
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||140|
|Torque output, Nm||340|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||95.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||7.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 6d|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for VW Crafter 2017)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
The engine was installed on:
- MAN TGE 1 (UY) in 2016 – 2019;
- Volkswagen Crafter 2 (SY) in 2016 – 2019.
Disadvantages of the VW DAUA engine
- This is a very reliable diesel engine and with adequate care it has a very long resource.
- But the Delphi fuel system with piezo injectors is demanding on the quality of diesel fuel.
- It is also important to monitor the condition of the timing belt, since when it breaks, the valves bend.
- And quite often there are oil leaks along the front crankshaft oil seal.
- As always, a lot of trouble delivers a particulate filter, EGR valve and AdBlue system.