The 2.0-liter Audi DFBA 2.0 TDI diesel engine has been produced by the company only since 2018 and is installed on European versions of such popular models as the A6 and A7 in the C8 body. This motor belongs to the latest family of diesel engines of the German concern EA288 EVO.
The EA288 series also includes: DCXA, CRLB, CRMB, DETA, DBGC, DFGA, DFBA.
|Production years||since 2018|
|Fuel system||Common Rail|
|Power output, hp||204|
|Torque output, Nm||400|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||95.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 6d|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Audi A6 2019)
|Engine lifespan, km||~320 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Audi A6 C8 (4K) since 2018;
- Audi A7 C8 (4K) since 2018.
Disadvantages of the Audi DFBA engine
- On specialized forums, they sometimes complain about oil leaks from under the valve cover;
- Monitor the condition of the timing belt, because when it breaks, the valves almost always bend;
- At high mileage, you should expect problems with the particulate filter and the EGR valve.