The concern produced a 5.0-liter VW AYH or Touareg V10 5.0 TDI engine from 2002 to 2006 and installed only on the first generation of the popular Touareg SUV before restyling. There were modifications of this unit with a particulate filter under the BLE and BWF indices.
|Power output, hp||313|
|Torque output, Nm||750|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V10|
|Block head||aluminum 20v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||95.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||11.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for VW Touareg 2004)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Volkswagen Touareg 1 (7L) in 2002 – 2006.
Disadvantages of the VW AYH engine
- The most famous problem with this engine is the short life of the turbines;
- Also, the timing gear mechanism is not the highest resource here;
- Cylinder wall coating does not tolerate fuel savings and often crumbles;
- By 150,000 km, unit-injectors and a tandem pump often already leak through the seals;
- Other weak points of this diesel engine include the generator and the air conditioning clutch.