The 2.5-liter Volkswagen AXD 2.5 TDI diesel engine was produced from 2003 to 2009 and was installed only on the popular T5 Transporter minibus line. There is a EURO 4 version of this 5-cylinder diesel engine with a particulate filter and the BNZ index.
|Power output, hp||131|
|Torque output, Nm||340|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R5|
|Block head||aluminum 10v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||95.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||7.4|
|Euro standards||EURO 3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for VW Transporter 2005)
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Volkswagen Caravelle T5 (7H) in 2003 – 2009;
- Volkswagen Multivan T5 (7H) in 2003 – 2009;
- Volkswagen Transporter T5 (7H) in 2003 – 2009.
Disadvantages of the VW AXD engine
- A massive problem is leaks on the seals of the nozzles and the tandem pump;
- An aluminum cylinder block without liners is afraid of bad diesel fuel and is prone to scuffing;
- Oil system heat exchanger often leaks and grease mixes with antifreeze;
- By a run of 250,000 km, rockers, camshaft lobes or injectors may wear out;
- There are enough other breakdowns here, but they happen less often and are not so expensive.