The 2.5-liter Volkswagen ACV 2.5 TDI diesel engine was produced from 1995 to 2003 and was installed on the most famous family of Transporter T4 minibuses. This 5-cylinder diesel was medium in power and the most common in the series.
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||102|
|Torque output, Nm||250|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R5|
|Block head||aluminum 10v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||81|
|Piston stroke, mm||95.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 2/3|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for VW Transporter 1995)
|Engine lifespan, km||~500 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Volkswagen Transporter T4 (7D) in 1995 – 2003.
Disadvantages of the VW ACV engine
- Most often, problems of the power supply system are discussed at specialized forums: high-pressure fuel pumps and injectors;
- Aluminum cylinder head does not tolerate overheating, watch the cooling system;
- Also, owners often complain about a knocking vacuum pump or mass air flow sensor failures;
- Once every 100,000 km, an expensive procedure for replacing belts and rollers awaits you;
- On runs over 200 – 250 thousand km, the turbine often begins to drive oil.