The 3.5-liter V6 Toyota 8GR-FXS engine has been produced in Japan since 2017 and is used in hybrid versions of models such as the Crown S220, as well as the Lexus LS500h and LC500h. This engine is equipped with D-4S combined fuel injection and operates on the Atkinson cycle.
The engine was installed on:
- Lexus LC500h 1 (Z10) since 2017;
- Lexus LS500h 5 (XF50) since 2017;
- Toyota Crown 15 (S220) since 2018.
|Production years||since 2017|
|Fuel system||combined injection|
|Power output, hp||299|
|Torque output, Nm||356|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||94|
|Piston stroke, mm||83|
|Phase regulator||VVT-iW + VVT-i|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.8|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Lexus LS 500h 2019)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the 8GR-FXS engine
- On specialized forums, the engine is mostly praised, there are complaints only about lubricant leaks;
- The weak point of the GR family units is the pump, keep an eye on its condition;
- Combined injection eliminates the problem of intake valve coking;
- Models with this engine are subject to a low pressure fuel pump replacement recall.