The 2.4-liter Toyota 2GD-FTV engine has been assembled since 2015 at the company’s Japanese plant and is installed on large pickup trucks, SUVs and minibuses. Like all modern diesel engines, it is literally obsessed with ecology and in the EURO 6 version it is equipped with EGR, DOC, DPF and SCR systems.
The engine was installed on:
- Toyota Fortuner 2 (AN160) since 2015;
- Toyota Hilux 8 (AN120) since 2015;
- Toyota Innova 2 (AN140) since 2015.
|Production years||since 2015|
|Fuel system||Common Rail Denso|
|Power output, hp||150|
|Torque output, Nm||360 – 400|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||92|
|Piston stroke, mm||90|
|Features||ESTEC and TSWIN|
|Turbocharging||VGT or VNT|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||7.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 4/5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Toyota Hilux 2016)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the 2GD-FTV engine
- A number of owners have already applied for flashing due to problems with the particulate filter;
- On specialized forums there are complaints about oil consumption from the first day of operation.