The 2.8-liter Toyota 1GD-FTV engine has been produced since 2015 at the concern’s Japanese plant and is installed on many large pickup trucks, SUVs and minibuses. This diesel engine is literally obsessed with ecology: its EURO 6 version is equipped with EGR, DOC, DPF and SCR systems.
The engine was installed on:
- Toyota Fortuner 2 (AN160) since 2015;
- Toyota Hilux 8 (AN120) since 2015;
- Toyota Innova 2 (AN140) since 2015;
- Toyota LC Prado 150 (J150) since 2015.
|Production years||since 2015|
|Fuel system||Common Rail Denso|
|Power output, hp||177|
|Torque output, Nm||420 – 450|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||92|
|Piston stroke, mm||103.6|
|Features||ESTEC and TSWIN|
|Turbocharging||VGT or VNT|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||7.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 4/5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Toyota Fortuner 2016)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the 1GD-FTV engine
- Dealers massively change firmware due to problems with the particulate filter;
- A number of owners encountered an oil burner from the very first kilometers.