The Toyota 8GR-FKS 3.5-liter V6 engine has been produced at the concern’s plant in Japan since 2017 and is installed only on the Lexus LS350, which is offered in a limited number of markets. Such a power unit is essentially one of the varieties of the popular 2GR-FKS motor.
The engine was installed on:
- Lexus LS350 5 (XF50) since 2017.
|Production years||since 2017|
|Fuel system||combined injection|
|Power output, hp||315|
|Torque output, Nm||380|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||94|
|Piston stroke, mm||83|
|Phase regulator||VVT-iW + VVT-i|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.8|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Lexus LS 350 2021)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the 8GR-FKS engine
- On specialized forums, the engine is mainly praised and complained only about leaks along the front;
- A well-known weak point of the motors of the series is the pump, monitor its condition;
- The presence of combined injection eliminates coking on the intake valves;
- Cars with this engine were affected by a recall campaign to replace the fuel pump in the tank.