The 3.5-liter V6 Toyota 7GR-FKS engine has been produced at a plant in China since 2015 and is installed on the HiAce minibus or the Chinese version of the Land Cruiser Prado 150 SUV. This unit is essentially one of the varieties of the popular 2GR-FKS engine.
The engine was installed on:
- Toyota HiAce 6 (H300) since 2019;
- Toyota LC Prado 150 (J150) in 2015 – 2020.
|Production years||since 2015|
|Fuel system||combined injection|
|Power output, hp||280|
|Torque output, Nm||350 – 365|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||94|
|Piston stroke, mm||83|
|Phase regulator||VVT-iW + VVT-i|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.2|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Toyota HiAce 2020)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the 7GR-FKS engine
- In specialized forums, they often complain only about leaks, and especially on the timing cover;
- Sometimes the engine speed floats here due to the canister purge vacuum valve wedge;
- Weaknesses also include a short-lived water pump and ignition coils;
- All engines from the GR family came under recall for replacing the fuel pump in the tank.