The 3.5-liter V6 Toyota 2GR-FXS engine has been produced at a plant in Japan since 2015 and is installed only on hybrid modifications of the Highlander or Lexus RX450h crossover. This engine is distinguished by the Atkinson cycle and the presence of a combined injection D4-S.
The engine was installed on:
- Lexus RX450h 4 (AL20) since 2015;
- Toyota Highlander 3 (XU50) in 2016 – 2019.
|Production years||since 2015|
|Fuel system||combined injection D4-S|
|Power output, hp||263|
|Torque output, Nm||335|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||94|
|Piston stroke, mm||83|
|Phase regulator||VVT-iW + VVT-i|
|Recommended engine oil||0W-20|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||5.4|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Lexus RX 450h 2021)
|Engine lifespan, km||~300 000|
Disadvantages of the 2GR-FXS engine
- This is a reliable engine and at the moment it has not been marked with serious breakdowns;
- On specialized forums, you can find a lot of complaints about oil leaks, and especially on the timing cover;
- Due to the wedge of the electrovacuum canister purge valve, engine speed often floats;
- The mass recall for replacing the low pressure fuel pump also applied to this motor;
- The weak points here also include not the most durable pump and ignition coils.