The 1.4-liter gasoline turbo engine Mercedes M282 has been produced by the company since 2018 and is installed on almost all front-wheel drive models: class A, B, CLA, GLA and GLB. This motor was developed jointly with the Renault concern and is also known under the H5Ht index.
R6 Mercedes engines: M102, M111, M166, M254, M260, M264, M266, M270, M271, M274, M282.
Specifications M 282 DE 14 AL
|Production years||since 2018|
|Fuel system||direct injection|
|Power output, hp||109 – 163|
|Torque output, Nm||180 – 250|
|Cylinder block||aluminum R4|
|Block head||aluminum 16v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||72.2|
|Piston stroke, mm||81.4|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||4.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mercedes A200 2019)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Mercedes A-Class W177 since 2018;
- Mercedes B-Class W247 since 2019;
- Mercedes CLA-Class C118 since 2019;
- Mercedes CLA-Class X118 since 2019;
- Mercedes GLA-Class H247 since 2019;
- Mercedes GLB-Class X247 since 2019.
Disadvantages of the Mercedes M282 engine
- The presence of direct injection contributes to rapid coking on the intake valves.
- On specialized forums, you can find a number of complaints about lubricant consumption.