The 4.6-liter gasoline V8 engine Hyundai G8BA was assembled by the company from 2008 to 2013 and was installed only on the concern’s expensive models: Genesis executive class sedans and Equus. This power unit was also installed on the American version of the Kia Mohave SUV.
The engine was installed on:
- Hyundai Equus 2 (VI) in 2009 – 2011;
- Hyundai Genesis 1 (BH) in 2008 – 2013;
- Kia Mohave 1 (HM) in 2008 – 2011.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||340 – 390|
|Torque output, Nm||435 – 455|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V8|
|Block head||aluminum 32v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||92|
|Piston stroke, mm||87|
|Phase regulator||Dual CVVT|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Hyundai Genesis 2010)
|Engine lifespan, km||~350 000|
Disadvantages of the Hyundai G8BA engine
- This is a very reliable, but rare engine, its main problem is the price of spare parts;
- The weak point of the motor is the drop in the performance of the oil pump in cold weather;
- Because of this, during a cold start, the chain tensioner may not come out and the chain will jump;
- You also need to monitor the condition of the catalysts, they do not tolerate bad fuel;
- On a run of 300,000 km, the timing chain needs to be replaced and usually with phase shifters.