The 5.0-liter V8 Hyundai G8BB engine was produced by a Korean company from 2009 to 2011 and was installed only on the second-generation Ecus sedan, including an extended version of the Limousine. Such a power unit is quite rare.
The engine was installed on:
- Hyundai Equus 2 (VI) in2009 – 2011.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||400|
|Torque output, Nm||500|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V8|
|Block head||aluminum 32v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||96|
|Piston stroke, mm||87|
|Phase regulator||Dual CVVT|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.5|
|Euro standards||EURO 5|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Hyundai Equus 2010)
|Engine lifespan, km||~360 000|
Disadvantages of the Hyundai G8BB engine
- This is a reliable unit, and its problem is rarity and, accordingly, the price of spare parts;
- In cold weather, the performance of the oil pump can decrease quite a lot;
- Because of what the tensioner does not tension the chains and during a cold start they jump;
- Catalysts are considered another weak point, they do not tolerate low-quality fuel;
- After 300,000 km, it is often necessary to replace the timing chain and usually with phase shifters.