The 2.0-liter V6 turbo engine Alfa Romeo AR34102 was produced in Arese from 1998 to 2002 and was installed in the executive model 166, which is very popular in the European market. A similar power unit was installed on the GTV coupe and Spider convertible under the AR16202 index.
The Busso V6 series includes: AR34102, AR32405, AR67301, AR16105.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||205|
|Torque output, Nm||285|
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 12v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||80|
|Piston stroke, mm||66.2|
|Recommended engine oil||10W-40|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||6.1|
|Euro standards||EURO 2|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Alfa Romeo 166 2000)
|Engine lifespan, km||~200 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Alfa Romeo 166 (Type 936) in 1998 – 2002.
Disadvantages of the Alfa Romeo AR34102 engine
- Most of the problems here are caused by air leaks through cracks in the nozzles.
- This leads not only to floating engine speeds, but also to overheating of the power unit.
- Another weak point of the motor include valve guides and a belt tensioner.
- The use of bad oils reduces the life of the turbine and crankshaft liners.
- Also a lot of trouble is associated with regular oil and coolant leaks.