The Mercedes M276 V6 engine with a volume of 3.0 liters was introduced in 2013 and has since been installed on most modern models of the concern. There are 2 modifications of this power unit: DE30 LA red, with a capacity of 272 hp and DE30 LA, with a capacity of 333 to 367 hp.
The V6-family includes: M112 E24, M112 E26, M112 E28, M112 E32, M112 E37, M272 E25, M272 E30, M272 E35, M276 DE30, M276 DE35.
|Production years||since 2010|
|Fuel system||direct injection CGI|
|Power output, hp||272 (M 276 DEH 30 LA red.)
333 – 367 (M 276 DEH 30 LA)
|Torque output, Nm||400 (M 276 DEH 30 LA red.)
480 – 520 (M 276 DEH 30 LA)
|Cylinder block||aluminum V6|
|Block head||aluminum 24v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||88|
|Piston stroke, mm||82.1|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||8.0|
|Euro standards||EURO 5/6|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Mercedes E300 2015)
|Engine lifespan, km||~250 000|
Disadvantages of the M276 DE30 engine
- The most problematic place of this power unit is the timing chain tensioners.
- If you miss their failure, you will have to change the timing kit with phase regulators.
- Also on these engines, impulse disks on camshafts are often displaced.
- Direct injection injectors are sensitive to the quality of the fuel consumed.
- A couple of cases of scuffing due to catalyst crumbs have been described on specialized forums.