The 1.5-liter Chevrolet F15S3 engine was assembled at the concern’s enterprises from 2002 to 2011 and installed on such popular models of the Korean division of GM as Aveo and Lanos. This unit is essentially a Daewoo A15SMS engine under the hood of Chevrolet cars.
The F series also includes engines: F14D3, F14D4, F16D3, F16D4, F18D3 and F18D4.
|Fuel system||distributed injection|
|Power output, hp||86|
|Torque output, Nm||130|
|Cylinder block||cast iron R4|
|Block head||aluminum 8v|
|Cylinder bore, mm||76.5|
|Piston stroke, mm||81.5|
|Recommended engine oil||5W-30|
|Engine oil capacity, liter||3.75|
|Euro standards||EURO 3/4|
|Fuel consumption, L/100 km (for Chevrolet Aveo 2008)
|Engine lifespan, km||~320 000|
The engine was installed on:
- Chevrolet Aveo T200 in 2002 – 2008;
- Chevrolet Aveo T250 in 2005 – 2011;
- Chevrolet Lanos T150 in 2002 – 2009.
Disadvantages of the F15S3 engine
- The main problems of this engine are associated with various electrical failures;
- Most often, the cause of the breakdown lies in the engine compartment wiring or one of the sensors;
- This unit does not like cheap lubricant, hydraulic lifters start knocking from it;
- The timing belt is designed for about 60 thousand km, and when the valve breaks, it usually bends;
- Also, owners of cars with such a motor often encounter oil leaks.